We are in the process of becoming a charity and are currently on the lookout for two new trustees. We will be adding details about the second position on the board shortly but please see below for what we are looking for and get in touch if you think you fit the bill as if you have a financial background and are passionate about people and/or the arts then we would love to meet you!
TRUSTEE TREASURER ROLE DESCRIPTION
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The role and person specification are summarised below.
General financial oversight
- Has Trustee status
- To prepare budgets, accounts and financial statements (inc end of year accounts/report).
- To liaise with the CEO and other trustees about financial matters.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation e.g. Charity legislation (inc. Completing Charity Commission Annual Return)
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
- Expenses for staff and volunteers
Financial planning and reporting
- To present financial reports to the board.
- To advise on the organisation’s reserves policy.
- To advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- To advise on, and/or support the fundraising strategy of the organisation. Supporting bids and monitoring with financial information
- To sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
- Deal with expenditure/invoices/insurance etc
Qualities and Skills Preferred
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- A willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of fundraising and pension schemes.
- Experience of financial control and budgeting.
- Good time-keeping.
- Ability to work within a small team
Time Commitment: The role of the Treasurer requires an estimated commitment of 1 hour per week, and a trustee meeting with the board every 2 months lasting approximately 2 hours.